Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 12//28/2021
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) govern transactions entered into between Customer (as defined below) and Reputation Minded.
These Terms together with the pricing terms mutually agreed by the parties and set forth in Customer’s account constitute the “Agreement” by and between Reputation Minded and Customer. The parties agree as follows:
- “Authorized Users” means Customer employees, Customer’s contractors, and any other individual, in each case, for whom Customer has paid all applicable fees to permit them to access the Reputation Minded Platform.
- “Customer Personal Information” means Personal Information of Customer’s clients that is provided by Customer to Reputation Minded, uploaded by Customer to the Reputation Minded Platform, or collected by or on behalf of Customer from Customer’s clients using the Reputation Minded Platform under this Agreement.
- “Documentation” means any online help files or instructions published by Reputation Minded that describe the installation, operation, use, or technical specifications of the Reputation Minded Platform.
- “Reputation Minded Platform” means access to Reputation Minded’ web-based software platform which enables businesses to get online customer reviews, including any updates or enhancements thereto that Reputation Minded may provide to Customer from time to time.
- “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device, or as otherwise defined under applicable law, whichever is more restrictive.
- “Scope Limitations” means any limitations on Customer’s use of the Reputation Minded Platform specified in the applicable Subscription Plan.
- “Subscription Plan” means the recurring payment plan agreed to by Customer and set forth in Customer’s Reputation Minded account specifying the details of access to the Reputation Minded Platform to be provided, pricing, and payment terms.
- “Subscription Term” means the duration of time Customer’s Subscription Plan is in effect.
Use of the Reputation Minded Platform and Documentation.
- Access to the Reputation Minded Platform. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms and Customer’s payment of all fees, Reputation Minded grants to Customer a limited right during the applicable Subscription Term, to access and use the Reputation Minded Platform by and through its Authorized Users solely in connection with Customer’s internal business operations in the manner described by any accompanying Documentation and Scope Limitations.
- Subject to and conditioned upon Customer’s strict compliance with the Agreement and payment of all applicable fees, Reputation Minded grants to Customer a personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, limited license during the applicable Subscription Term to, solely by and through its Authorized Users, make a reasonable number of copies of the Documentation and internally use that Documentation (including any copies), in each case, solely in support of its authorized use of the Reputation Minded Platform in accordance with the Agreement.
- Technical Support. For so long as Customer is current with its payment of all fees, Reputation Minded will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide technical support services relating to use of the Reputation Minded Platform via the channels and during the hours specified by Reputation Minded.
- Except and solely to the extent permitted by the Agreement or by applicable law, Customer will not (and will not permit or authorize any third party to): (a) use the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation except as expressly permitted under the Agreement; (b) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, merge, or translate the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation, or create derivative works of the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation; (c) install or otherwise use the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation in any way that would permit or authorize the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation to be used in violation of the Scope Limitations or otherwise in violation of the Agreement; (d) transfer, assign, sub-license, sell, or otherwise convey any of Customer’s rights to the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation; (e) remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property rights notices provided on or with the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation; (f) use the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation after the applicable Subscription Plan, even if the ability to use the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation does not automatically become disabled; (g) transmit any software or other materials that contain any virus, worm, time bomb, trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component; (h) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation; (i) probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach any security or authentication measures; (j) harvest or collect information about other users without their prior written consent; (k) engage in any activity that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair Reputation Minded’ servers or networks, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Reputation Minded Platform; (l) use the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation for any illegal, inappropriate, and/or unauthorized purpose; or (m) use the Reputation Minded Platform to compete with Reputation Minded’ business in any way.
- Responsibility for Use of Reputation Minded Platform and Documentation. Customer is responsible and liable for all actions, and inactions with respect to the Reputation Minded Platform and Documentation by its Authorized Users or by any other person or entity to whom Customer or an Authorized User may, directly or indirectly, provide access to or permit to use the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation, as if they were an action or inaction of Customer.
- Reservation of Rights. Reputation Minded grants to Customer only those rights relating to the Reputation Minded Platform and Documentation expressly described in this Agreement. Reputation Minded reserves to itself all rights in and to the Reputation Minded Platform and Documentation not expressly granted to Customer in accordance with the Agreement.
- If Customer provides any feedback to Reputation Minded concerning the functionality and performance of the Service (including identifying potential errors and improvements), Customer hereby assigns to Reputation Minded all right, title, and interest in and to the feedback, and Reputation Minded is free to use the feedback without payment or restriction.
- Customer Data. Reputation Minded is not responsible for performing, and is not liable for any failure to perform, any back-up of any data provided, processed, or stored by Customer in or through the Reputation Minded Platform (“Customer Data”). Customer hereby grants to Reputation Minded a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, fully paid-up, royalty-free, license to use, copy, modify, publish, distribute, display, publicly perform, and make derivative works of Customer Data solely for the purpose of providing the Reputation Minded Platform. Customer represents and warrants that Customer Data: (i) does not infringe any intellectual property rights or privacy rights of any third party and that Customer has all rights and legally required consents necessary to use Customer Data as contemplated by this Section 2(H); (ii) is not unlawful, defamatory, obscene, or offensive; and (iii) does not contain any viruses or other harmful or malicious code. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, Reputation Minded has the right to monitor Customer’s use of the Reputation Minded Platform and to create and analyze (in some cases with the help of third party software tools) aggregations and summaries of such usage data, provided that no such aggregation or summary directly or indirectly identifies Customer, or includes any data or information that is directly traceable to Customer. Customer acknowledges and agrees that Reputation Minded has the unrestricted, royalty-free right to use, disclose, and distribute such aggregations and summaries throughout the world, in any form or media, for any purpose.
- Compliance with Laws. Customer represents and warrants that Customer will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations in connection with Customer’s activities under the Agreement, including but not limited to, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. § 227 and its implementing regulations (“TCPA”), the Telemarketing Sales Rule, 16 C.F.R. Part 310 (“TSR”), the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography And Marketing Act (“CAN-SPAM”), the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”), and the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
- TCPA, TSR and CAN-SPAM. Customer is solely responsible for complying with the TCPA, the TSR, and CAN-SPAM with respect to Customer’s use of the Reputation Minded Platform to contact Customer’s clients. Customer is responsible for obtaining prior express written consent(s) from any and all third parties (including Customer’s clients) to send and receive SMS text messages using the Reputation Minded Platform.
- For purposes of the CCPA with respect to Customer Personal Information, Customer agrees that it is a Business and Reputation Minded is a Service Provider as those terms are defined in the CCPA. Reputation Minded will not: (a) sell the Customer Personal Information; (b) retain, use, or disclose the Customer Personal Information for any purpose other than for the specific purpose of performing the Services or as otherwise permitted by CCPA and its implementing regulations; (c) retain, use, or disclose the Customer Personal Information for a commercial purpose other than providing the Services; or (d) retain, use, or disclose the Customer Personal Information outside of the direct business relationship between Reputation Minded and Customer. Reputation Minded certifies that it understands these restrictions and will comply with them.
- License to Marks. If Customer would like to apply its branding to the Reputation Minded Platform, Customer’s trademarks or logos (collectively, the “Marks”), Customer hereby grants to Reputation Minded a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-transferable, worldwide right and license, during the applicable Subscription Term to copy, reproduce, use, display, publicly perform, modify (at Customer’s direction), and resize the Marks in order to provide the services as described under the Subscription Plan. As between the parties, Customer owns all right, title, and interest in and to the Marks and any and all goodwill that is created by or that results from Reputation Minded’ use of the Marks under the Agreement will inure solely to Customer. Customer represents and warrants that Reputation Minded is the sole and exclusive owner of the Marks, and that Customer has the right to grant the licenses agreed to in this Section.
Fees and Payment.
- Customer will pay Reputation Minded the fees and any other amounts owing under this Agreement, as specified in the applicable Subscription Plan.
- Payment Terms. Unless otherwise specified in a Subscription Plan, all charges are monthly recurring payments due monthly in advance. All fees are in U.S. dollars and are non-refundable. If Reputation Minded changes any fees that apply to the Subscription Plan, including by adding additional fees or charges, Reputation Minded will provide advance notice of those changes and the changes will not take effect until the next billing period. If Customer does not accept the changes, Customer’s sole remedy is to terminate the Subscription Plan as set forth in Section 4 below. Customer authorizes Reputation Minded to automatically charge on a going-forward basis until cancellation of Customer’s Subscription Plan as permitted herein, all sums as described in these Terms for the Subscription Plan Customer selects on or before the payment due date for the applicable sums to the payment method Customer specifies at the time of purchase of the Subscription Plan, unless otherwise agreed by the parties. If Customer pays any fee with a credit card, Reputation Minded may seek preauthorization of the credit card account to verify that the credit card is valid and has the necessary funds or credit available to cover Customer’s purchase. If Customer updates payment information, it may take up to 5 business days for the update or cancellation to take effect. Customer will reimburse any costs or expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by Reputation Minded to collect any amount that is not paid when due.
- Other than federal and state net income taxes imposed on Reputation Minded, Customer will bear all taxes, duties, and other governmental charges resulting from the Agreement.
Term and Termination.
- Term of the Agreement. The term of the Agreement will commence on the date Customer first agrees to these Terms (“Effective Date”) and will continue until terminated as set forth herein (the “Term”). If no Subscription Plan is in effect, either party may terminate these Terms for any reason upon written notice to the other party. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, Subscription Plans are month-to-month, and either party may terminate a Subscription Plan by providing written notice of termination to the other party which will take effect at the end of then-current month.
- Notice of Material Breach or Default. Reputation Minded may terminate this Agreement and any Subscription Plan immediately upon notice if Customer materially breaches the Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, any failure by Customer to timely pay to Reputation Minded any amounts owing under a Subscription Plan will constitute a material breach.
- Termination for Insolvency. Reputation Minded may terminate the Agreement, effective immediately upon written notice, if Customer files, or has filed against it, a petition for voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy or pursuant to any other insolvency law, makes or seeks to make a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors or applies for, or consents to, the appointment of a trustee, receiver or custodian for a substantial part of its property.
- Effect of Termination. Upon the termination of the Agreement or a Subscription Plan: (i) all rights and licenses granted by Reputation Minded to Customer under the Agreement or the applicable terminated a Subscription Plan will terminate; (ii) Customer will pay to Reputation Minded any fees, reimbursable expenses, compensation, or other amounts that have accrued prior to the effective date of the termination; (iii) Reputation Minded will have no obligation to perform under the terminated Subscription Plan, as applicable, after the effective date of termination; and (iv) the parties’ respective rights and obligations under Sections 2(D) – 2(I), 4(D), 5(B), 6, 7, and 8 of the Agreement will survive. If a certain Subscription Plan is terminated, the Agreement and any other Subscription Plans will remain in effect. If the Agreement is terminated, all other Subscription Plans will automatically terminate as well.
Warranties and Disclaimer.
- Mutual Warranties. Each party represents and warrants to the other that: (a) the Agreement has been duly executed and delivered and constitutes a valid and binding agreement enforceable against the executing party in accordance with its terms; (b) no authorization or approval from any third party is required in connection with the execution, delivery, or performance of the Agreement by the executing party; and (c) the execution, delivery, and performance of the Agreement by the executing party does not violate the laws of any jurisdiction or the terms or conditions of any other agreement to which it is a party or by which it is otherwise bound.
- Except for the limited warranties described in section 5(a), the Reputation Minded Platform is provided “AS IS”, and Reputation Minded specifically disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, or statutory with respect to the Reputation Minded Platform, Documentation, Support Services, including the implied warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, merchantability, satisfactory quality, and fitness for a particular purpose as well as any warranties arising from a course of dealing, usage or trade practice. In addition, Reputation Minded does not warrant that the Reputation Minded Platform, Documentation or Support Services will satisfy Customer’s requirements, is without defect or error, or that the operation of the Reputation Minded Platform will be uninterrupted or secure. No oral or written information given by Reputation Minded, its agents, or employees will create any additional warranty. No modification or addition to the limited warranties set forth in the Agreement is authorized unless it is set forth in writing, references the Agreement, and is signed on behalf of Reputation Minded by a corporate officer. This exclusion also applies to any of Reputation Minded subcontractors, suppliers, authorized service providers, and program developers. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of warranties, so that limitation or exclusion may not apply to Customer.
- Customer is responsible for its and its Authorized Users’ use of the Reputation Minded Platform, and Customer will defend and indemnify Reputation Minded and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (a) Customer’s breach of this Agreement or any applicable law or regulation; or (b) any dispute or issue between Customer and any third party. Reputation Minded reserves the right, at Reputation Minded’ own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by Customer (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, Customer agrees to cooperate with Reputation Minded’ defense of that claim.
Limitations of Liability.
- Disclaimer of Indirect Damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the agreement, Reputation Minded will not, under any circumstances, be liable to Customer for consequential, incidental, special, or exemplary damages arising out of or related to the Agreement, including but not limited to lost profits or loss of business, even if Reputation Minded is apprised of the likelihood of such damages occurring.
- Cap on Liability. Under no circumstances will Reputation Minded’ total liability of all kinds arising out of or related to the Agreement (including but not limited to warranty claims), regardless of the forum and regardless of whether any action or claim is based on contract, tort, or otherwise, exceed the total amount paid by Customer to Reputation Minded during the 3 months immediately preceding the claim (determined as of the date of any final judgment in an action).
- Independent Allocations of Risk. Each provision of the Agreement that provides for a limitation of liability, disclaimer of warranties, or exclusion of damages is to allocate the risks of the Agreement between the parties. This allocation is reflected in the pricing offered by Reputation Minded to Customer and is an essential element of the basis of the bargain between the parties. Each of these provisions is severable and independent of all other provisions of the Agreement. The limitations in this section 7 will apply notwithstanding the failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy in the Agreement.
- Customer will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with Customer’s activities under the Agreement, including but not limited to export and import laws. Customer acknowledges that it is Customer’s responsibility to obtain any required licenses to export and re-export the Reputation Minded Platform. The Reputation Minded Platform, including technical data, is subject to U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Act and its associated regulations, and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. Customer represents and warrants that the Reputation Minded Platform is not being and will not be acquired for, shipped, transferred, or reexported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals and persons on the Table of Denial Orders, the Entity List or the List of Specifically Designated Nationals, unless specifically authorized by the U.S. Government for those purposes.
- Governing Law. The Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Kansas without regard to the conflict of law provisions of any state or jurisdiction that would result in the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. Any litigation arising from the Agreement will be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Johnson County, Kansas. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically disclaimed.
- Customer may not assign or otherwise transfer any of Customer’s obligations or performance, the Agreement or any licenses granted or obligations set forth in the Agreement, in each case whether voluntarily, involuntarily, by operation of law, merger, a sale of all or substantially all of Customer’s assets, business reorganization or otherwise, without Reputation Minded’ prior written consent and any attempted assignment by Customer is void. Reputation Minded may freely assign or otherwise transfer all or any of its rights, or delegate or otherwise transfer all or any of its obligations or performance, under the Agreement without Customer’s consent. The Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
- In the event that any provision of the Agreement is found to be unenforceable, that provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary to allow enforceability of the provision as so limited, being intended that Reputation Minded will receive the benefit contemplated herein to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected thereby. If any material limitation or restriction on the use of the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation under the Agreement is found to be illegal, unenforceable, or invalid, Customer’s right to use the Reputation Minded Platform or Documentation will immediately terminate.
- Failure of either party to require performance by the other party of any provision hereof will not affect the full right to require that performance at any time thereafter; nor will the waiver by either party of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself.
- Entire Agreement. The Agreement, including all Subscription Plans, is the final and complete expression of the agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter hereof. The Agreement supersedes, and the terms of the Agreement govern, all previous oral and written communications regarding these matters, all of which are merged into the Agreement, except that the Agreement does not supersede any prior nondisclosure or comparable agreement between the parties executed prior to the Agreement being executed. No employee, agent, or other representative of Reputation Minded or any vendor, reseller, or other person has any authority to bind Reputation Minded with respect to any statement, representation, warranty, or other expression unless the same is specifically set forth in the Agreement. No usage of trade or other regular practice or method of dealing between the parties will be used to modify, interpret, supplement, or alter the terms of the Agreement. The Agreement may be changed only by a written agreement signed by an authorized agent of the party against whom enforcement is sought. Reputation Minded will not be bound by, and specifically objects to, any term, condition or other provision that is different from or in addition to the Agreement (whether or not it would materially alter the Agreement) that is proffered by Customer in any purchase order, receipt, acceptance, confirmation, correspondence, or otherwise, unless Reputation Minded specifically agrees to that provision in writing and signed by an authorized agent of Reputation Minded.
- Reputation Minded will be and act as an independent contractor (and not as the agent or representative of Customer) in the performance of the Agreement. The Agreement will not be interpreted or construed as: (i) creating or evidencing any association, joint venture, partnership, or franchise between the parties; (ii) imposing any partnership or franchise obligation or liability on either party; or (iii) prohibiting or restricting Reputation Minded’ performance of any services for any third party or the provision of products to any third party. Customer must not represent to anyone that Customer is an agent of Reputation Minded or is otherwise authorized to bind or commit Reputation Minded in any way without Reputation Minded’ prior authorization.
- Reputation Minded may use a subcontractor or other third party to perform its duties under the Agreement so long as Reputation Minded remains responsible for all of its obligations under the Agreement.
- Any notice required or permitted to be given in accordance with the Agreement will be effective if it is in writing and sent by certified or registered mail, or insured courier, return receipt requested, to the appropriate party at the address set forth on the applicable Subscription Plan and with the appropriate postage affixed. Either party may change its address for receipt of notice by notice to the other party in writing (which may include email). Notices are deemed given two business days following the date of mailing or one business day following delivery to a courier.
- Force Majeure. Reputation Minded will not be liable for, or be considered to be in breach of or default under the Agreement on account of, any delay or failure to perform as required by the Agreement as a result of any cause or condition beyond Reputation Minded’ reasonable control, so long as Reputation Minded uses all commercially reasonable efforts to avoid or remove those causes of non-performance.
- Section headings are used in the Agreement for convenience of reference only and will not affect the meaning of any provision of the Agreement. For purposes of the Agreement, (i) the words “include,” “includes” and “including” will be deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation;” (ii) the words “such as”, “for example” “e.g.” and any derivatives of those words will mean by way of example and the items that follow these words will not be deemed an exhaustive list; and (iii) the word “or” is used in the inclusive sense of “and/or” and the terms “or,” “any,” and “either” are not exclusive. No ambiguity will be construed against any party based on a claim that the party drafted the language.